Sunday, October 10, 2010

Unplugging TV

I do not agree that unplugging TV will make our children better human beings. It's not televisions fault that children grow up to be unhealthy or uneducated. I believe that the environment in which children grow up in will influence how healthy they are or how educated they are. There are many shows on TV that children can benefit form. There are animated shows that they can watch that are educational and enjoyable for them to watch at the same time. The history and discovery channel are both educational channels for everyone to watch. Just because somebody watches a lot of TV does not mean they will be unhealthy. I grew up playing every sport that I could and I still watched TV all the time. I think that we should probably watch less TV but thinking that were not going to be able to be independent because of it is ridiculous. Parents feed their children and get them involved in activities. Children are dependent on their parents to choose whats best for them. If you have a poor diet then you will probably be unhealthy but not because your watching too much TV. I have learned may things about sports growing up by watching them on TV. If I never had the chance to watch my team play or my favorite players perform then I would be less motivated to be like them. I enjoy seeing things as they happen and I believe that TV can be beneficial to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment